Accounts Payable Coordinator Position Responsibilities
- Ensure purchase orders, vendor invoices and packing slips are processed properly (amounts are correct, and goods are received, picking slips and delivery tickets are signed off on by receiver). Invoices are paid within terms taking full benefit of discounts that are available.
- Be familiar with the work associated with the different divisions of the company and the vendors associated with that division, and the pricing structure of those vendors.
- Maintain current vendors in the accounting system with accurate addresses, W-9, TIN Request information, and tax implications. Maintain relationship with vendor staff.
- Process employee receivables and expense reports. Accumulate receipts for all credit cards and expense reports and book accordingly. Provide expenditure reports when necessary. Alert Controller, Operations Manager or General Manager if there is a suspicious expense issued to the company for payment.
- Process monthly Corporate Credit Card invoice statements. Ensure that all expenses are necessary, and cost accounted with proper descriptions to correct cost accounts.
- Allocate all purchases to proper job cost, overhead or administrative accounts.
- Assist to maintain inventory account and month-end reconciliation. Work the Warehouse staff to ensure accurate quarterly and annually inventory value.
- Ensure that items purchased for assets are brought to the attention of the Controller. They are to be tracked by serial number, properly reflected in the general ledger and the asset tracking program.
- Maintain organized filing system, ensure that all purchase items are filed properly in job directories and accounting directories. Work with operation managers to verify data is correct and accurate.
- Maintain sub-contract job accounting. Review sub-contractor progress billings with Project Manager and Contract Administrator positions. Ensure lien releases are received for subcontractors prior to payments.
- Provide or obtain the proper customer vendor documents including Resale certificates terms and conditions etc.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering, and controlling cost of office supplies in coordination with Office Coordinators in all branch offices.
- Provide backup to the Office Coordinator as directed by the Corporate Administration Manager.
- This position provides backup to the Accounts Receivable Coordinator as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Qualifications
- High School diploma required.
- Associates degree in business, accounting, or other related fields, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or University, preferred.
- One (1) year in construction-related business or accounting, required.
- Five (5) years as Accounts Payable in construction industry, preferred.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess skills and ability to operate a Windows-based computer and efficiently use the following software packages: Word (latest version), Excel (latest version), Sage Contractor 100 accounting.
- The ability to learn and utilize streamlined procedures for office automation and efficiency.
- Adaptability – Responds effectively to changes in situation, information, or urgency.
- Customer Focus – Maintaining awareness of and seeking to be an advocate for the needs and wants of the client.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; high level of professionalism.
- Must understand business accounting, both the tasks and theory involved specifically in accounts payable and vendor/subcontractor management.
- Must understand the contract and construction billing process.