Accounts Receivable Coordinator Position Responsibilities
- Perform Project billings. Follow procedure for progress payments and ensure change orders, entered by the Project Coordinator, are in the accounting system and properly billed each month based on POV/OM SOV data. Perform retention billing upon completion of project as determined by 100% billed status or OM/PM instructs to issue invoice. Perform special billings as required.
- Perform Service billings. Understand the work order and contract billing process for the Service department Service Contracts, T&M building, Work Order Projects, and Parts. Perform billing as required.
- Process credit card payments as required. Ensure invoices are properly credited with card payment transactions.
- Credits: Ensure credits for customers with approval from the Controller, upon approval issue credits. Ensure credits are applied in Sage properly.
- Customers: Ensure new clients are verified with credit check and approved by Controller. Follow the procedure to set up and maintain customer accounts and relations including reference checks, new client information and proper set up in accounting program. Keep client data base current.
- Collections: Responsible for timely and thorough account collection for assigned areas/divisions as determined by the Controller. Assist in determination of past due accounts. Issue an overdue email report to Service and Construction managers each week for assigned collections. Meet with Controller weekly to review past due accounts.
- Receipts: Follow the process for receiving payments and ensure they are promptly logged into the accounting system and turned over to the Controller for depositing.
- Sales Tax: Ensure that sales taxes are calculated correctly on invoices. Ensure that sales tax collected is properly logged based on data entered by the Contract Administrator.
- Liens: Follow proper procedure to file liens. Inform Controller when collections are over 90 days.
- Files: Maintain customer files and project financial and work order files.
- Provide backup to the reception as directed by the Controller.
- Provide backup to Accounts Payable as directed by the Controller.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in business, accounting or similar or bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or University, preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of project and progress billing.
- One (1) years’ experience in construction related business, preferred.
- Six (6) or more months’ experience in Accounts Receivable, required.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with a high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to operate a Windows-based computer and efficiently use the following software packages: Word (latest version), Excel (latest version), Sage Contractor 100 accounting.
- Ability to learn and utilize streamlined procedures for office automation and efficiency.
- Adaptability – Responds effectively to changes in situation, information, or urgency.
- Customer Focus – Maintaining awareness of and seeking to be an advocate for the needs and wants of the client.
- Must understand business accounting, both the tasks and theory involved specifically in accounts receivable and collections.
- Must understand the contract and construction billing process.