The System Specialist, Security, under general supervision, is responsible for performing skilled security technician work in the service/repair, alteration, installation, and maintenance projects that vary in complexity. The System Specialist delivers assigned projects effectively and within budgeted cost and time schedules. The System Specialist acts as the key interface for technical support with the customer and maximizes customer satisfaction and may mentor less experienced staff.
System Specialist, Security Position Responsibilities
- Performs service/installation of access control, intrusion alarm, closed-circuit television systems, and other various security-related systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoots systems, and perform repairs as necessary.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes a variety of non-routine programs for systems.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning, and execution, system audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Responds to emergency situations during the day or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Performs all work in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques, and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements. May participate or assist with developing customer presentations or similar new business development activities.
- Executes most of the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and ongoing technical support.
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties, and assists in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects; makes recommendations regarding the quality of work and potential changes in scope and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Assists in the development of training programs for employees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent required
- Associates degree in Electronics preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience installing, servicing and maintaining access control and closed-circuit television systems
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
- Solid technical skills and experience related to access control, intrusion, CCTV, and other various security-related systems
- Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. work with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read blueprints and drawings; solid math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.)
- Frequent visits to job sites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and proficient in other relevant applications
- Product-specific certifications required; industry-specific certifications and/or licenses required. Avigilon, Open Options, RS2, Salient, ONSSI, Lenel, Software House 9000, and Bosch
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record