Senior Systems Engineer Position Responsibilities
- Manage new infrastructure projects and participate in project work with an understanding to support DAC business processes.
- Train DAC Team members on new technology by creating content such as various video/learning solutions as well as attending one-on-one and group training sessions.
- Perform data integration and workflow development work using low code or other efficient tools.
- Assist with various highly technical integration and deployment duties.
- Support and monitor third-tier technical support for high-level systems.
- Ensure that all budget constraints are being followed.
- Interact with client and implementation contacts as needed.
- Support the technical deliverables of the implementation project including configuring, testing, tracking and managing technical tasks.
- Participate in the Build and Test phase of the project to ensure delivery of the solution is on plan and adhering to technical best practices.
- Improve the delivery process, reduce issues, and improve customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Translate customer needs and the vision of the various functions into decisions, direction, and actionable statements of work for the project teams.
- Plan, identify, and coordinate resources required over the life of the project.
- Identify and own project risks, constraints, and enablers and define and execute plans for mitigation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Senior Systems Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in engineering or another related field required
- 7-15 years of project management experience required
- 7-15 years of technical support, integration or IT design experience highly recommended
- 5-7 years of minor project development using business process modeling tools and/or visual paradigm highly recommended
- Microsoft (Server, Application, or Cloud) Certs, Juniper, Cisco, BICSI, or PMP Certifications preferred
Senior Systems Engineer Desired Skills and Competencies
- Adaptability – Responds effectively to changes in situation, information, or urgency.
- Customer Focus – Maintaining awareness of and seeking to be an advocate for the needs and wants of the client.
- Exceptional teamwork capabilities, working within the constraints of a given team, budget, and business process to accomplish the goals without creating more problems.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.